Two brothers had inherited the land and had been working on it together for years.

Two brothers had inherited the land and had been working on it together for years.

 Two brothers had inherited the land and had been working on it together for years. One day, both of them had an argument over a trivial matter, and the matter escalated so much that they decided to divide the land.

 One day, there was a knock on the door of the elder brother. When he opened the door, a labourer was standing there. The labourer said: "I have been looking for work for several days. I have knocked on your door in the hope that there may be some work in your house or in the field that I can do. " " Incidentally, I was also looking for a craftsman. My younger brother has dug a canal in the middle of our fields. I want you to build a wall between our lands so that I can't even see your form in the future. " 
As you wish, said the craftsman, and he began to measure. The elder brother said, "I'm going to a nearby town on an errand. If you need anything for work, let me know and I'll bring it. " The craftsman said that he has everything and does not need anything.
 When he returned from the town in the evening, he was surprised and angry to see that instead of building a wall, the craftsman had built a small bridge over the stream flowing through the field. 
"I told you to build a wall and you have built a bridge." 
Meanwhile, his younger brother appeared from a distance. He was very happy to see the bridge over the canal and thought that it must have been built by his elder brother. After crossing the bridge, he fell at his elder brother's feet and apologised for digging the canal.
 As soon as the craftsman started leaving with his tools on his shoulder, the elder brother said to him: "I wish you could stay with us for a few nights so that we can take care of you. Because of you, the differences between me and my younger brother have ended. And we are one again. " 
The craftsman replied: "I would also like to be your guest, but I have many more


bridges to build."

Persian Tales Excerpt...

Post a Comment

0 Comments